I’m an HCI Researcher based in Vancouver, Canada. My work focuses on designing and developing 3D user interfaces for VR and AR, i.e. VR Drawing. I have also worked with public displays and mobile devices. Through my research, I try to get a better understanding of the perceptual and cognitive limitations of humans when working in virtual environments and the boundaries of the technology so that I can design better user interfaces.
I hold a BA in Animation and Digital Art from the TEC of Monterrey, and a Masters in Creative Media Technologies from the HIT Lab Australia. I defended my thesis “Towards More Accurate Immersive 3D Sketching” in August 2019. During my PhD I study under the supervision of Dr. Wolfgang Stuerzlinger at SIAT, SFU.
- 3D User Interfaces for VR and AR
- Human-Computer Interaction
- PhD, Simon Fraser University
- Master in Creative Media Technologies, University of Tasmania
- Bachelor in Animation and Digital Art, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education